The Crooked Toby
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loch Lomond

2 posters

Go down

Loch Lomond Empty Loch Lomond

Post  The Crooked Toby Admin Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:17 am

Was out fishing on Loch Lomond the other week and spent have the day trying to find out if it was free to fish on the West bank or the East bank or if you can wild camp anywhere. Took ages and was seriously stressfull.

Heres the script;
Coarse fishing is £2.50 a day on either bank. Get your permit from a sketchy wee shop in Alexandria just South of Loch Lomond. Avoid the Farmfoods in the centre unless you want to be served by someone who would look more at home on the set of Deliverance. Game fishing is £15.50 a day.
You can camp on the West side. General common sense rules regarding litter and fires and no camping anywhere near the Luss harbour. About 2 miles up from Luss is a good place to fish is the first layby on the right hand side past Luss. Got a Perch using Maggots on a waggler although the place has potential. Attempted to camp but the weather and the midgies wore us down after a few hours. Wee bastards.

Prices on East Bank are the same but no wild camping and I have heard that the best place is in Balmaha boat yard. Try fishing a Waggler float close to the boats where the fish tend to hide. I would personally suggest the East Bank and paying for a campsite. The reason for no wild camping on this side is due to individuals wrecking the place (more on this to follow in later posts). Another thing to mention is that the closest bait shop is in Alexandria and they didn't have a lot of variety so stock up at your local. Next time will be by boat (Balmahan Boat Yard £60).

The Crooked Toby Admin
Admin

https://thecrookedtoby.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Loch Lomond Empty Re: Loch Lomond

Post  Dizzy Mepps Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Did you get any fish when you went back the following week?

Dizzy Mepps

Back to top Go down

Post  The Crooked Toby Admin Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 pm

No luck that time but did enjoy the scenery more. Heavy boat traffic may have had something to do with it aswell. Fished north of Balmaha near a pier. Really deep water. Went for Roach but in hindsight the water was more suited for pike and as I was leaving I remembered that alot of pro's like Matt Hayes suggest fishing close to and under man made structures like piers. So will go for that next time.

The Crooked Toby Admin
Admin

https://thecrookedtoby.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum